During the Russo-Japanese Ear 1904-1905, the Russian Navy committed 18 battleships to the fight. Only one survived under the Russian flag, the Tsarevitch. Built in France, the Tsarevitch inspired the five ship Borodino Class, which formed the newest battleships in the fleet during the war. Tsarevitch was stationed at Port Arthur but broke through the Japanese blockade during the Battle of the Yellow Sea. She was interned at Kiau-Tschiau, the German colonial port in China. Transferred to the Baltic, she was active in World War One. After the February 1917 "Kerenski" Revolution, she was renamed Grajdanin. She was scrapped in 1923.